Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson RIP



Weird day. I miss getting up for my alarm, a thunderstorm of Biblical proportions hits the city, and while buying records, I notice a girl buying a stack of Michael Jackson CDs and books, near tears at the register. When I go to pay the girl behind the counter asks me if I heard about Michael Jackson yet. I think he's done some outlandish stunt again, but instead find out that MJ died. Yep, the legendary musician, at one time delegated with the title of the King of Pop passed away at the age of 50 after going into cardiac arrest. I cannot say I am particularly sad or shocked about his death, and considering the past 15 to 20 years of his career its not exactly a loss the contemporary musical landscape. Yet there is still something odd about hearing someone so famous and influential passed away. Perhaps underground rapper DOOM said it best: "A little bit of everyone died today, I can tell you a piece of me just did. Let's just say this is the first time I've watched MTV in a long time." Word is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment